Parent Involvement Policy
Parent Involvement Policy
"The mission of the Lincoln Co. School System in partnership with parents, teachers and the community is to provide safe, secure and positive learning environment for all students"
Highland Rim School Parent Involvement Policy is jointly developed and agreed upon by a committee that consists of parents, teachers, administrators, and other staff members. The School-wide Title I policy will be evaluated and updated annually by the committee to accommodate any changing needs. A copy of the policy will be on file in the school with the district Federal Programs director and with the Lincoln County Board of Education. The policy can also be found on our school website.
Highland Rim School encourages parent involvement through the utilization of parents as advisors and resource people in accordance with the Lincoln County Board of Education.
Highland Rim School will work to provide meaningful parental involvement activities which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Orientation will be held annually for all students.
- Parents are encouraged to become involved and engaged in their student’s education.
- Award Ceremonies are planned each nine weeks to celebrate academic success and parents, stakeholders and community members are invited to attend.
- Parent/Teacher/Student compacts will be used annually.
- Agendas will be used as needed in grades 4-8.
- Individual data notebooks will be used to track students’ data in 3rd-8th grades and discussed with parents as needed to plan for student success.
- Book fairs and guest readers are scheduled to encourage reading at school and at home.
- Midterm progress reports will be sent home on a scheduled basis.
- Report Cards will be sent home four times a year.
- Student’s grades can be electronically accessed, without charge, through the use of the “Skyward” program.
- Parent/Teacher conferences will be scheduled two times a year.
- Highland Rim School will inform parents of activities through social media accounts including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Remind Me, and weekly classroom newsletters concerning events that will be occurring.
- Parents will be involved in school decisions through participation in the PTO and Parent Involvement Committee.
- Family Literacy nights will be planned throughout the year to showcase the students' success and allow parents to be involved in an enriching reading, math and science experiences.
- Parent, grandparent and/or family member volunteers are utilized throughout the year.
- Every parent/grandparent is invited to join their child for lunch (restricted at this time due to COVID guidelines).
- A monetary savings account is optional for all students provided and monitored by a local banking institute.
- Highland Rim School offers L.E.A.P. S. (Learning Enrichment After-School Programs), and other appropriate programs to promote student success.
- Highland Rim School will develop appropriate community-based partnerships for parent involvement and activities with businesses, service organizations, and the community.
- Information concerning school and parent programs, meetings, and other activities will be sent home in the primary language used in the home and in a format understandable to all parents including Limited English Proficient, migratory workers, and those with disabilities.