LCS ATTENDANCE POLICY
Tardy refers to any student arriving after the tardy bell (7:40 a.m.) has rung must report to the office for an admittance slip. A tardy is defined as a late arrival or an early dismissal.
Perfect Attendance: A student will be deemed to have a perfect attendance if he/she is present every day of school is in session WITH NO CHECK INS/OUTS.
After Truancy Board, if the student has additional unexcused time out of school he/she will be referred to Juvenile Court for truancy. Truancy Board is a one-time opportunity for parents and students. Once summoned to Truancy Board, further attendance problems will warrant Truancy Court.
Progressive Truancy Intervention Plan
- State Attendance Guidelines will be posted in the school office.
- All parents/guardians will have access to information regarding the Lincoln County Attendance Policy - TN Code Annotated 49-6-3007 http://law.justia.com/codes/tennessee/2010/title-49/chapter-6/part-30/49-6-3007/
- School will keep a copy of parents/guardians signatures acknowledging they are aware of the Lincoln County attendance policyhttp://images.pcmac.org/Uploads/TennesseeSBA/TennesseeSBA/Departments/DocumentsCategories/Documents/6200_60.pdf
- School personnel will contact parents/guardians of students who accumulate 3 unexcused absences or tardies.
- School personnel will send written notification to parents/guardians of students who accumulate 5 unexcused absences or tardies.
- Additional steps will be taken for students who accumulate more than 5 unexcused absences or tardies may include the following:
- Conference with student, parent/guardians, and appropriate school personnel which may include a STAR Team meeting.
- An attendance contract will be signed by the student, parents/guardians, and school personnel.
- Follow up discussions will be scheduled to address attendance progress.
- Students who accumulate 10 unexcused absences or tardies will be referred to Truancy Board or Court.